oldwang
oldwang目前处于离线状态
等    级:居民
经 验 值:58
魅 力 值:57
龙    币:43
积    分:64.6
注册日期:2003-05-06

查看oldwang个人资料   给oldwang发悄悄话   将oldwang加入好友   搜索oldwang所有发表过的文章   给oldwang发送电子邮件      

跟老王一起看国外帖子学英语(1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

跟老王一起看国外帖子学英语(1)

Title: Divorce business style? (离婚模式进行曲)

The setup - my friend's partner wants to go into business for himself dissolving their four
year relationship.....
注释:(此人的朋友抱怨她的老公想自己自说自话地解决他们四年的感情关系)

My friend: "Fred should have been forthright and just told me the deal was off instead of
making me go through all this second hand information I got through the grapevine...
注释:(这男人还不太直接,自己不肯直接说,而让那个女人自己通过一些二手信息,流言什么来“自发领悟”,grapewine这里指的是“谣言”,不是葡萄藤的意思。)

Me: Yes, he wasn't very upfront...you know trustworthy...
注释:upfront,做人直接,troutworthy,值得信任)

He: (ANGRY) I didn't say that! Stop trying to make this yours. I said precisely what I
meant to say. Stop changing my words...you don't understand how the business works...
注释:(男人发火了,“make this yours”自以为是;“changing my words”,偷换我的话,多简洁)

She: (trudging off to get out of the line of fire) whatever.... okay..Yeah, okay whatever
you say....
注释:(她的女友还是招架不住,闪了,“trudging off”闪开话锋,“okay whatever
you say”.你说什么都对!这是女孩赌气时候最喜欢说的话吧?:))

He: Sheesh...what kind of personality nitpicks semantics? It drives me crazy, cuz every word I say is like weighed for absolute accuracy...
注释:男的还是不依不饶,“cuz every word I say is like weighed for absolute accuracy...
”好像我说的每个字都要绝对正确一样……

Me: Is he a control freaks, and needs to own his words?
And how do you deal with someone who has such a NARROW definition of conversation?

注释:作为好友的我,一定是偏向自己朋友骂这个男人的。”Control freak” 控制狂,那种特别有兴趣以绝对优势压倒别人的人。“deal with”这里是相处的意思。“NARROW definition of conversation“表面意思是“对交谈定义过于狭窄”,其实还是说那男人不够宽容,说话不让人。

让我们再来看看回帖把!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some daffy woman blindly trying to agree with what I say would piss me off too. Just stand there
and coo, ok?
注释:这人自以为很有见解地说“女人要是完全盲目地相信我说的也会让我发火”,”piss off” 发火的意思。Coo这个词这里很有意思,不是鸟叫,是象小鸟一样说情话的意思!

My wife will make overall personality judgments on them based on one statement I make, especially if it’s a female co-worker. These are co-workers of mine my wife has yet to meet, and I haven’t given her enough information to jump to any conclusions.
注释:这个人是骂老婆来的,她的老婆好像比较唐僧,看。只要他老公说到一个女员工,她就要对人家进行长篇大论的人格评价。“overall personality judgments”全面的人格评价,注意”Jump to conclusion”的用法,知道得出结论的新用法了吧!

欢迎去该网址不再展示,聊职场,学英语。

『声明:以上内容为本站网友《oldwang》原创,转载需征得原作者同意并注明转载自www.hlgnet.com』

--
http://oldwang.com,An English cartoon portal hosted by Chinese.||中国人老王,就一普通中国人的英语主题漫画网站!
2003-06-08 11:44:24   此文章已经被查看81次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: