《》显示文章详细内容: [展开] [回复] [网址] [举报] [屏蔽]
paul-hlg
paul-hlg目前处于离线状态
等    级:长老
经 验 值:592
魅 力 值:212
龙    币:1156
积    分:689.6
注册日期:2003-05-26
 
  查看paul-hlg个人资料   给paul-hlg发悄悄话   将paul-hlg加入好友   搜索paul-hlg所有发表过的文章   给paul-hlg发送电子邮件      

日.271-280
271. give sb a break 给某人一个改过的机会
Give me a break. =Give me a chance. 给我一个机会啦。

272. down and out:穷困潦倒,孤苦无助
People should lend him a helpful hand;he's really down and out.

Sarah was down and out after losing her job and her apartment.
萨拉丢掉工作和房子后变得穷困潦倒。

He's down and out.= He is finished. 他已经完了。

273.Drop dead.= Go away. = Go to hell 走开点; 去死。
Suzy told Mike, “Drop dead!” when he kept teasing her about her weight.
麦克不停的取笑苏齐的体重时,苏齐说:“你去死吧!”

274What‘s eating you?什么事情让你心烦?
What's eating you?"是个很常听到的俚语。当你觉得某个人好象为某事所困扰, 以致整个人不大对劲, 就可以用这句话来问他, 到底发生什么事了。
what‘s eating you=what‘s bothering you?

形象记忆:there is a flea in your hair.

A. What's eating you? You've been so quiet all morning.
A: 什么事让你不开心呢? 你整个早上都不说话。
B: I bombed in my final exam.
B: 我的期末考砸了!

275. keep an eye on照看
Keep an eye on him. 看住他。 = Watch him

Can you keep an eye on my bag?(帮我看管一下包好吗?)
Keep an eye on my cat while I am away.我不在时,请照看一下我的猫。
Please keep an eye on the baby.请照看一下孩子。

276. He is a fast talker. 他老是说得天花乱坠。他是个吹牛大王。
= He is always bragging.

277. fed up 受够了
这里fed up with something 意思是“受够了某物”。fed 是feed的过去式,意思是“吃,喂养”,在片语中作形容词。你也许有这种感觉,每天吃同样的饭菜总有厌烦的时候,哪怕这种饭菜本来味道不错,所以是fed up. 这几天老是下雨,已经有一段时间没有踢过足球了,简直受够了这个鬼天气。

I’m fed up with this rainy day. It makes us not to take part in football match for a long time. I hope it will be sunny tomorrow.
(我受够了这种雨天,它使我们长时间不能参加足球比赛。我希望明天会晴朗起来。)

I’m fed up with these junk emails received every day, I have to spend much time to delete them.
(我受够了每天都会收到的这些垃圾邮件,我必须花很多时间删除他们。)

I am fed up.=I am sick and tired. 我已经厌倦了。

I'm fed up with your insults and complaints. I quit !  我受够了你的侮辱和怨气, 我不干了!

I won't wait any longer - I'm fed up.(我腻了,不想再等了。)

She is very fed up about it.(她对此非常不满。)

I'm fed up with the endless play. 我对这个没完没了的电视剧感到厌烦了。

He talks too much. I'm fed up with him. 他的话太多了,我很讨厌他。

I'm tired of the talkative man. 我讨厌话多的人。

She is tired of playing the piano every day.她讨厌每天弹钢琴。

- Shut up!I’m so fed up! 闭嘴!我受够了!
- How can you say so? I’m all for you.你怎么能这样说呢?我可全是为了你好。

278. pick on someone找某人的碴
pick on someone指“找某人的碴”。这个片语本来的意思是指“挑某人的毛病,挑剔某人”。Pick本来就有“仔细的耐心的查找,寻拾”的意思,所以用来表示“挑剔某人”应该是比较恰当了。但现在美国人更多的是用这个片语来指“找某人的碴,找某人的麻烦”,含有tease or bully的意思。比如:

I’m fed up with that guy who always picks on other female classmates.
(我受够了那个家伙,他总是找其他女同学的麻烦。)  

My brother is constantly picking on me. He is not mean. But he’s always being a total pest.
(我哥哥常常故意找我的麻烦。他不是恶意的,但是他真叫人讨厌。)

The children picked their father on until he agreed to have a ride.
孩子们一直缠着父亲,直到他同意开车出去兜风。

Little Tom complained that his mother was always picking on him.
小汤姆抱怨说,妈妈老是挑他毛病。

Harry :Have you seen my glasses?
你有看到我的眼鏡嗎?
Jack : No, I don't.
沒有耶.
Harry : You stay here all the time and you haven't seen my glasses?
你待在這整天還沒看到我的眼鏡?!
Jack : Why? I am not responsible for your glasses.
我為什麼要看到,我又不負責(保管)你的眼鏡.
Jack : What's wrong with Harry? He was picking on me today.
Harry 今天怎麼了?他好像衝著我來(跟我有仇似的)!
Sam : His girlfriend broke up with him today.
他女朋友今天跟他分手了.
Jack : So he was taking it out on me?
所以他就拿我來出氣囉!

Sam : Just leave him alone and don't talk to him today.
反正就別理他,今天別跟他講話就好了.

279. take out on拿…出气 [Don't take your frustrations out on me.别把气出在我身上。]

He threatened to take it out of the boy's,hide.
他威胁说要揍那小孩一顿。

They took it out of his pay.他们扣了他的薪水作为处罚。

If he has been annoyed by anything at the office,he takes it out of his wife and children.
如果上班时被什么事情惹火了的话,他就找妻子和孩子出气。

Don't take it out on me!意思是不要因為你自己心情不好或不高興而拿我出氣(don't bring your bad mood to me don't express your anger by abusing me!)

She told her husband,“Don't take it out on me!" (她告訴老公,「別拿我出氣」!)

I know you have had(或are having)a bad day, but don't take it out on me.
(我知道你一天都不高興,但不要在我身上出氣!)
(雖然 it 指 bad mood,但不說:Don't take bad mood out on me!)

280. a fat chance希望很小
little or no possibility; almost no chance不太可能;机会很少

—Do you think he will come here on time﹖
你认为他会按时到这儿吗?
—A fat chance. 几乎不可能。= Chances are slim

We've never been so busy in the office.You've got a fat chance for a vacation now.
我们办公室从来没有这么忙过,你现在很难有机会休假了。

With tickets for that show sold out for two weeks in advance,we have a fat chance of getting anything for tonight.
这场戏的戏票两星期前就卖光了,我们今天晚上买到票的机会很小。

A high school team would have a fat chance of beating a strong college team.
一个中学生队不太可能击败实力强的大学生队。
(此文由paul-hlg在2004-12-06 14:26:08编辑过)
2004-12-06 14:25:47   此文章已经被查看108次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 



  您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:
 
用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册




版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: