等    级:资深长老
经 验 值:6059
魅 力 值:4656
龙    币:22942
积    分:11634.2
注册日期:2005-02-05

查看战小乱个人资料   给战小乱发悄悄话   将战小乱加入好友   搜索战小乱所有发表过的文章   给战小乱发送电子邮件      

试译
Marilla had been wondering where Anne should be put to bed. She had prepared a couch in the kitchen chamber for the desired and expected boy. But, although it was neat and clean, it did not seem quite the thing to put a girl there somehow. But the spare room was out of the question for such a stray waif;流浪儿, so there remained only the east gable room. Marilla lighted a candle and told Anne to follow her, which Anne spiritlessly did, taking her hat and carpetbag from the hall table as she passed. The hall was fearsomely clean; the little gable chamber in which she presently found herself seemed still cleaner.
玛丽拉也一直琢磨安妮应该睡在哪儿。她原定让计划中的男孩睡在沙发上。虽然厨房一尘不染,却不适合一个女孩住。这个无家可归的孩子毫无疑问需要一个单独房间,那么可选的只有东边山墙了。玛丽拉点起蜡烛,告诉安妮跟她走,她无精打采地照办了,手里抓着地毯包和帽子。 客厅的整洁已令人敬畏,但是山墙屋好像更胜一筹。
Marilla set the candle on a three-legged, three cornered table and turned down the bedclothes.
玛丽拉把蜡烛放在一个三条腿的三角桌上,掀起被子。
“I suppose you have a nightgown?” 她问。
“我猜你有睡衣吧?”
Anne nodded. 安妮点头。
“Yes, I have two. The matron of the asylum() made them for me. They’re fearfully skimpy. There is never enough to go around in an asylum , so things are always skimpy—at least in a poor asylum like ours. I hate skimpy night dresses. But one can dream just as well in them as in lovely trailing ones, with frill, s around the neck, that’s one consolation.”
“我有两套,是孤儿院的嬷嬷做的。两套都做得太小啦。孤儿院里的东西总是不够分,所以什么都紧巴巴的-至少我呆的穷孤儿院是这样。我讨厌这么小的睡衣。但是穿着破睡衣也可以发挥想象力呀,我可以想象我穿着可爱的有拖地下摆的衣服,有一圈波浪一样的褶边绕着脖子。我总是这么安慰自己。“
“Well, undress as quick as you can and go to bed. I’ll come back in a few minutes for the candle. I daren’t trust you to put it out yourself(使某物停止燃烧). You’d likely se the place on fire.”
“好吧,以你最快速度换衣服上床。我几分钟之后回来取蜡烛。我可不放心让你自己熄灭蜡烛。没准你会连房子烧了。“

When Marilla had gone Anne looked around her wistfully(渴望的). The whitewashed walls were so painfully bare and staring that she thought they must ache over their own bareness. The floor was bare, too, except for round braided编织成的mat席子 in the middle such as Anne had never seen before. In one corner was the bed, a high, old-fashioned one, with four dark, low-turned posts有四根黑色、矮短、可转动的床柱. In the other corner was the aforesaid three-cornered table adorned with a fat, red velvet pincushion (插针用的)针插hard enough to turn the point of the most adventurous(莽撞) pin.
玛丽拉离开以后,安妮期待地环视了一圈。刷着白灰的墙壁毫无装饰,看着真难受,安妮觉得它们一定为自己的光秃而痛苦。地板除了房间中央的圆草垫之外也没遮没挡,安妮以前从未见过类似的东西。屋子一角有个很高的老式床,有四根黑色的,可转动的矮柱。另一角是前面提到过的三角桌,上面放着一个敦实的红天鹅绒针插,其硬度足够抵挡最莽撞的针。

--
听得肚叫离床铺手脚不停喂宠物吃罢早饭还没醒迷迷糊糊逛街去,是为周末
2008-09-11 11:56:46   此文章已经被查看337次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: