经 验 值:60242
魅 力 值:463
龙    币:16040
积    分:29140.3
注册日期:2002-10-18

查看蒙古轻骑兵个人资料   给蒙古轻骑兵发悄悄话   将蒙古轻骑兵加入好友   搜索蒙古轻骑兵所有发表过的文章   给蒙古轻骑兵发送电子邮件      

这个古根海姆的故事是这样的:
Rainey给出的链接,那个网友的解释也稍微有点问题。死的这个人,的确是个大亨,应该是做矿业的。

撞船后,仆人给这个大亨穿上游泳圈,这大亨不乐意,说穿着难受。穿上以后,大亨让仆人穿上一件厚衣服,去甲板上呆着去。然后他自己回了自己屋子,把救生圈脱了,和他管家一起换上漂亮的晚礼服,他说到:我们穿的漂漂亮亮的,沉下去也要沉的像个gentleman.

最后他给妻子留了个条子,说:万一不好的事发生的话,告诉我妻子我已尽力履行我的职责。

这个大亨,他的管家,都沉到海里死掉了。

文章里看不出来他这么做的意图是什么。他是有意不上救生艇了,还是什么,我判断不出来。

Mr Benjamin Guggenheim, 46, of New York, NY boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg with his valet Mr Victor Giglio and his "mistress" Mrs Aubart. Guggenheim and Giglio's ticket was 17593 and cost £79 4s (1). Mr Guggenheim's chauffeur Mr René Pernot travelled in second class.

After the collision Bedroom Steward Henry Samuel Etches helped Mr Guggenheim to fit his lifebelt. Ignoring his protestations; "This will hurt", Etches finally managed to get the mining and smelting tycoon into the lifebelt, he then made him put on a thick sweater and sent him up to the Boat Deck. Despite Etches best efforts Guggenheim soon returned to his room (B-84) and changed into his finest evening wear, his valet, Mr Giglio did likewise. He was later heard to remark 'We've dressed up in our best and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.'

One of his final acts was to write the following message: 'If anything should happen to me, tell my wife I've done my best in doing my duty.'

Mr Guggenheim, Mr Giglio and Mr Pernot were all lost in the sinking.
2013-06-15 22:14:01   此文章已经被查看653次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: