等    级:资深长老
经 验 值:156680
魅 力 值:1703
龙    币:54282
积    分:79808.1
注册日期:2010-12-23

查看夏姬个人资料   给夏姬发悄悄话   将夏姬加入好友   搜索夏姬所有发表过的文章   给夏姬发送电子邮件      

交作业。供大家参考,也请大家给修改指正。

To begin by addressing the hideous attack on the United States Capitol, like all the Americans, I’m outraged by the violence, lawlessness and marring(?). I immediately deployed the National Guard and the Federal Law Enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders. America is and must always be a nation of law and order. The demonstrators who infantried(?) the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who were engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law, you will pay.

We have just been through an intense election and emotions are high. But now, tempers must be cooled and calm restored. We must get on with the business of America. My campaign vigorously pursued every legal avenue to contest the election results. My only goal was to ensure the integrity of the vote. In so doing, I was fighting to defend American democracy. I continue to strongly believe that we must reform our election laws to verify the identify and eligibility of all voters and to ensure our faith and confidence in all future elections.

Now Congress has certified the results and a new administration will be inaugurated on January 20th. My focus now turns to ensure a smooth, orderly and themeless transition of power. This moment calls for healing and reconciliation. 2020 has been a challenging time for our people.  A menacing pandemic has suspended the lives of our citizens, isolated millions at their homes, damaged our economy and claimed countless lives. Defeating this pandemic and rebuilding the greatest economy on earth will require all of us working together. It will require our renewed emphasis on the civic values, patriotism, faith, charity, community and family. We must revitalize the sacred bonds of love and loyalty that bind us together as one national family. To the citizens of our country, serving as your president has been the honor of my lifetime. And to all of my wonderful supporters, I know you are disappointed, but I also want you to know that our incredible journey is only just beginning.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.

(此文由夏姬在2021-01-08 16:03:25编辑过)
2021-01-08 15:54:38   此文章已经被查看558次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: