等    级:资深长老
经 验 值:156664
魅 力 值:1703
龙    币:54278
积    分:79800.5
注册日期:2010-12-23

查看夏姬个人资料   给夏姬发悄悄话   将夏姬加入好友   搜索夏姬所有发表过的文章   给夏姬发送电子邮件      

交作业。请指正。最后一句觉得不太对劲。

Now, we gather, due to a selfish man’s inner pride and the outrage of the supporters who have deliberately misinformed for the past two months and stirred the action this very morning. What happened here today was insurrection, incited by the President of the United States. Those who chose to continue the support in the dangerous gambit by objecting the results of the legitimate democratic election will forever be seen as being complicit in an unprecedented attack against our democracy. Fairly or not, they will be remembered for their role in a shameful episode in American history. That would be their legacy. I salute senator------and ----- and -----and----, and , I’m sure, otherswho in the light of today’s outrage, have withdrawn their objection.

For any who remain insistent on an audit in order to satisfy the many people who believe the election was stolen, I offer this perspective. No congressional audit is ever gonna convince these voters, particularly when the President will continue to say the election was stolen.

The best way we can show respect for the voters whom we have upset is by telling them the truth. That’s the burden. That’s the duty of leadership. The truth is the president is elected by one election.  President Trump lost. I here have to express myself. It’s no fun. Scores records the President, Attorney General, state election officials, both Republican and Democratic, reached that unequivocal decision.

2021-01-08 22:13:18   此文章已经被查看214次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: