查看远离尘嚣个人资料   给远离尘嚣发悄悄话   将远离尘嚣加入好友   搜索远离尘嚣所有发表过的文章   给远离尘嚣发送电子邮件      

8月21日阅读, 每日周刊~
'Movin' Out' Cast To Open U.S. Open Salute

Movin' Out (AP Photo)
Aug 21, 2003

By Robert Kahn
Staff Writer

August 21, 2003, 1:06 AM EDT

Alec Baldwin will emcee, and the cast of "Movin' Out" will perform Monday as part of "A U.S. Open Salute to New York," the live opening-night telecast of the two-week-long, Queens-based tennis tournament.

While nothing has been announced publicly, a representative for Baldwin in Los Angeles yesterday confirmed the Massapequa native would host the event, which will air beginning at 7 p.m. on the USA network.

In addition, cast members from the Broadway musical "Movin' Out" will perform three songs during the broadcast.

Tony-nominated pianist Michael Cavanaugh will open the ceremony with "New York State of Mind," which normally serves as the show's curtain call number.

Later in the ceremony, Cavanaugh will be joined by Tony-nominated dancers Elizabeth Parkinson and Keith Roberts for performances of "Uptown Girl" and "Shameless."

"I used to play tennis," Cavanaugh noted yesterday. "My serve was about two miles an hour. So if I'm going to be on a tennis court, it's for the best that I'll be singing and not playing."

Another entertainment highlight of the broadcast is expected to come from Tiffany Evans, a once-homeless junior Star Search winner, who will be on hand to sing a patriotic song, backed up by two choirs.

--
long arm of coincidence here~
2003-08-21 20:37:41   此文章已经被查看65次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: