经 验 值:6059
魅 力 值:4656
龙    币:22942
积    分:11634.2
注册日期:2005-02-05

查看战小乱个人资料   给战小乱发悄悄话   将战小乱加入好友   搜索战小乱所有发表过的文章   给战小乱发送电子邮件      

以前的帖子找不到了,都再贴一次吧,哈利波特与密室
The worst birthday
Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, Privet Drive. Mr. Vernon Dursley had been woken in the early hours of morning by a loud, hooting noise from his nephew Harry’s room.
弗农达斯利先生一大清早就被他侄子屋里猫头鹰的尖叫吵醒,于是女贞路四号的家庭又一次在早餐时爆发战争。
“Third time this week!” he roared across the table. “ If you can’t control that owl, it’ll have to go!”
“这礼拜第三次了!’ 他冲着桌子那头吼道,“你要是没法让那猫头鹰学乖,我就扔掉它!”
Harry tried, yet again, to explain.
哈利仍然在试图解释。
”She’s bored, ‘ he said,’ She’s used to flying around outside. If I could just let her out at night…..”
“她觉得无聊就爱叫….“哈利说,”她习惯在天空中翱翔。如果我可以在晚上放它出去……..“
“Do I look stupid?” snarled Uncle Vernon, a bit of fried egg dangling from his bushy moustache.” I know what’ll happen if that owl’s let out.”
“当我是傻子吗?”他咆哮着,一点煎鸡蛋的渣挂在浓密的小胡子上,“我知道那个鸟飞出去会招来啥。”
He exchanged dark looks with his wife, Petunia.
他和妻子意味深长地对望一眼。
Harry tied to argue back but his words were drowned by a long, loud belch from the Dursley’s son, Dedley.
哈利还试图争辩,但他的话被达斯利的儿子达力一声又长又响亮的饱嗝打断了。
“ I want more bacon.”
“我想再吃点火腿。“
“There’s more in the frying pan, sweetums, “ said Aunt Petunia, turning misty eyes on her massive son.” We must feed you up while we’ve got the chance… I don't like the sound of that school food…..”

‘煎锅里还有呢,甜心宝贝,“佩妮姨妈说,泪眼朦胧地看着她的胖儿子,”“我们得趁现在把他喂胖,学校伙食好不了。”
“Nonsense, Petunia, I never went hungry when I was at Smeltings,” said Uncle Vernon heartily. ”Dudley gets enough , don’t you, son?”
“瞎说八道,佩妮,我在斯麦尔汀学校没挨过饿,“弗农姨父实话实说。”达力吃得不少啦,对吧,儿子?“
Dudley, who was so large his bottom drooped over either side of the kitchen chair, grinned and turned to Harry.
达力太胖了,屁股都从厨房椅子的两边耷拉下来,坏笑着转向哈利。
“Pass the frying pan.”
“把煎锅递过来。“
“you’ve forgotten the magic word,” said Harry irritably.
“你忘说魔术词汇了,“哈利烦躁地说。
The effect of this simple sentence on the rest of the family was incredible: Dudley gasped and fell off his chair with a crash that shook the whole kitchen ; Mrs. Dursley gave a small scream and clapped her hands to her mouth; Mr.Dursely jumped to his feet, veins throbbing in his temples.
这么简单的话在家里掀起一场风波:达力吓得倒抽一口冷气,咣啷一声从椅子上掉下来,巨响震动了整个厨房;达斯力夫人尖叫一声,两手捂着嘴;达斯力先生噌一下站起来,气得太阳穴的血管直跳。
“I meant ‘please’!” said Harry quickly ,” I didn’t mean—“
“我是说,达力没说请字!”哈利赶紧说,“我不是那意思---”
‘WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU,” thundered his uncle, spraying spit over the table,” ABOUT SAYING THE M WORD IN OUR HOUSE?”
“我跟你说什么来着,“哈利的姨父口水四溅地吼道,”在家里说魔术词汇有什么惩罚?“
“BUT I—“
“可是我—“
“HOW DARE YOU THREATEN DUDLEY!”
“你好大胆子,敢威胁达力!”
“ I just-“
“我只是-”
“ I WARNED YOU I WILL NOT TOLERATE MENTION OF YOUR ABNORMALITY UNDER THIS ROOF!”
“我警告过你,敢在这房子里显示你的不正常,我绝不轻饶!“
Harry stared from his purple-faced uncle to his pale aunt, who was trying to heave Dudley to his feet.
哈利盯着气得脸通红的姨父,又看看面色苍白的婶婶,后者正试图把达力扶起来。
“All right ,” said Harry,” all right…
“好吧,“哈利说,”是我错了…“
Uncle Vernon sat back down, breathing like a winded rhinoceros and watching Harry closely out of the corners of his small, sharp eyes.
弗农姨父坐回椅子里,像犀牛一样呼哧带喘,斜着小眼睛目光锐利地紧盯着哈利。
Ever since Harry had come home for the summer holidays, Uncle Vernon had been treating him like a bomb that might go off at any moment, because Harry wasn’t a normal boy. As a matter of fact, he was as not normal as it is possible to be.
自从哈利回家过暑假,弗农姨父对待他就像对付一个定时炸弹一样,因为哈利可不是个普通孩子--他可是非比寻常。
Harry Potter was wizard-a wizard fresh from his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft巫术;魔法and Wizardry.法术, 巫术, 魔力And if the Dursleys were unhappy to have him back for the holidays, it was nothing to how Harry felt.
哈利波特是个巫师-是霍格沃茨魔法学校一年级的新生。 达力一家并不欢迎哈里回来过暑假,他们才不管哈里怎么想呢。
He missed Hogwarts so much it was like having a constant stomach ache. He missed the castle, with its secret passageways and ghosts, his lessons (though perhaps not Snape, the Potions master), the post arriving by owl, eating banquets in the Great Hall, sleeping in his four-poster bed in the tower dormitory, visiting the gamekeeper, Hagrid, in his cabin in the grounds next to the Forbidden Forest and, especially, Quidditch, the most popular sport in the wizarding world (six tall goalposts, four flying balls and fourteen players on broom-sticks).
他想念霍格沃茨,像长期的胃痛一样没法消除。他想念有无数秘密通道和魂灵的城堡,想念他的课程(也许魔药课老师史内普除外);想念猫头鹰送来的那些信,大厅里的宴会;想念宿舍里的四柱床,想念饲养员海格,他住在禁林旁的小屋里;他最怀念的是魁地奇球--魔法世界里最受欢迎的运动(魁地奇球有6个高高的门柱,4个会飞的球,14个骑着扫帚的球员)。
All Harry’s spellbooks, his wand, robes, cauldron, and top-of-the-range Nimbus Two Thousand broom-stick had been locked in a cupboard under the stairs by Uncle Vernon the instant Harry had come home. What did the Dursleys care if Harry lost his place in the house Quidditch team because he hadn’t practiced all summer? What was it to the Dursleys if Harry went back to school without any of his homework done? The Dursleys were what wizards called Muggles (not a drop of magical blood in their veins) and as far as they were concerned, having a wizard in the family was a matter of deepest shame. Uncle Vernon had even padlocked Harry’s owl, Hedwig, inside her cage, to stop her carrying messages to anyone in the wizarding world.
哈利所有的魔法书,魔杖,斗篷,大锅,和一流的光轮2000在他回家第一天就被弗农姨父锁进楼梯下的碗橱里。达力一家才不管哈里因为整个夏天都不能练习,开学之后在魁地奇学院队里失去位置呢。就算哈里回到学校家庭作业还是一点没做又能怎样呢?巫师们称达力一家为麻瓜(没有巫师血统的人)。他们关心的只是家里有个巫师实在是奇耻大辱。弗农姨父不想让哈利的猫头鹰海德薇从魔法世界带回任何消息,于是把它也锁在笼子里。
Harry looked nothing like the rest of the family. Uncle Vernon was large and neckless, with an enormous black moustache; Aunt Petunia was horse-faced and bony; Dudley was blond, pink and porky. Harry, on the other hand, was small the skinny, with brilliant green eyes and jet-black hair that was always untidy. He wore round glasses, and on his forehead was a thin, lightning-shaped scar.
哈利看上去和家里其他成员毫无共同之处。弗农姨父胖得没脖子,黑色的八字胡很粗;佩妮姨妈骨瘦如柴,一张马脸;达力也胖,金发,脸上永远红扑扑的。而哈利截然相反,矮个儿,很瘦,绿眼睛显得很聪明,黑头发总是很乱。他戴着圆眼镜,前额有个细细的闪电形状的伤疤。
----------

--
听得肚叫离床铺手脚不停喂宠物吃罢早饭还没醒迷迷糊糊逛街去,是为周末
2009-03-26 11:57:02   此文章已经被查看2467次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: