mandy_studio
mandy_studio目前处于离线状态
等    级:居民
经 验 值:50
魅 力 值:20
龙    币:7
积    分:32.1
注册日期:2011-06-19

查看mandy_studio个人资料   给mandy_studio发悄悄话   将mandy_studio加入好友   搜索mandy_studio所有发表过的文章   给mandy_studio发送电子邮件      

麦克阿瑟将军的「父亲的祈祷」来源: 动京城 于 2011-06-18
麦克阿瑟将军的「父亲的祈祷」来源: 动京城 于 2011-06-18

A Father's Prayer by General Douglas MacArthur
麦克阿瑟将军的「父亲的祈祷」

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.

主啊!恳求你教导我的儿子,在他软弱时,不屈不挠;在惧怕时,坚强勇敢;在诚实的失败中,毫不气馁;在光明的胜利中,保持谦逊温和。

Build me a son whose wishbone will not be where his backbone should be; a son who will know Thee and that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge. Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to stand up in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

恳求教导我的儿子,勿只空有幻想而缺乏行动;引导他认识你,同时又能明白,认识自己乃是真知识的基石。主啊!我祈求你,不要让他只走在安逸、舒适之途,求你将他置于困难、艰难和挑战的磨练中,求你引领他,使他学习在风暴中挺身站立,同时学会怜恤那些在重压之下失败跌倒的人

Build me a son whose heart will be clean, whose goal will be high; a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men; one who will learn to laugh, yet never forget how to weep; one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past. And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too seriously.

主啊!求你塑造我的儿子,求你让他有一颗纯洁的心,抱持远大的目标;使他在能指挥别人之前,先懂得驾驭自己;使他学会欢笑,也不忘记哭泣;当迈入未来之际,永不忘记那过去的教训。主啊!在他有了这些美德之后,我还要祈求你赐给他充分的幽默感,以免他过于严肃,还苛求自己。

Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of greatness, the open mind of true wisdom, the meekness of true strength. Then I, his father, will dare to whisper, "I have not lived in vain."

求你赐给他谦卑的心,使他永远记得,真正的伟大是单纯,真正的智慧是坦率,真正的力量是温和。

然后作为父亲的我,才敢轻轻的说:「我这一生总算没有白白活著」。阿们!

又翻为:   更求祢赐他谦卑,并能永远谨记:   

真伟大中的平凡、真智慧中的坦率、真勇气中的温和。   

如此,为父的我,才敢低语:「我没有虚度此生。」   阿们!

本文是麦克阿瑟将军留给他的爱子亚瑟一笔最珍贵的遗产。这篇祈祷词是他在南太平洋战争初期最绝望的日子里写下的。丛这篇祈祷词里可以看出麦蟀信仰的虔诚,感情的真挚,以及文章的优美,令人百读郴厌,是千古不朽之作。

--
幸福婚姻第二讲:彼此包容 http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_61d7004e0100mn3p.html
善意提示:觉得贴还好,请COPY. 收藏不保险。
2011-06-20 18:53:49   此文章已经被查看833次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: