等    级:资深长老
经 验 值:363353
魅 力 值:684
龙    币:152486
积    分:191429
注册日期:2003-11-02

查看开车上网个人资料   给开车上网发悄悄话   将开车上网加入好友   搜索开车上网所有发表过的文章   给开车上网发送电子邮件      

再看奥黑谈关于中美关系,川普同学还需要好好学习。

I'm somewhere in between. I think all of our foreign policy should be subject to fresh eyes. I think one of the -- I've said this before, I am very proud of the work I've done. I think I'm a better president now than when I started. But you know, if you're here for eight years in the bubble, you start seeing things a certain way and you benefit from -- the democracy benefits, America benefits from some new perspectives.

And I think it should be not just the prerogative, but the obligation of a new president to examine everything that's been done and see what makes sense and what doesn't. That's what I have done when I came in and I'm assuming any new president's gonna undertake those same exercises.

And given the importance of the relationship between United States and China, given how much is at stake in terms of the world economy, national security, our presence in the Asia-Pacific, China's increasing role in international affairs, there's probably no bilateral relationship that carries more significance and where there's also the potential if that relationship breaks down or goes into full conflict mode that everybody is worse off. So I think it's fine for him to take a look at it. What I have advised the president-elect is that across the board on foreign policy, you want to make sure that you're doing it in a systematic, deliberate, intentional way.

And since there's only one president at a time, my advice to him has been that before he starts having a lot of interactions with foreign governments other than the usual courtesy calls, that he should want to have his full team in place, that he should want his team to be fully briefed on what's gone on in the past and where the potential pitfalls may be, where the opportunities are, what we've learned from eight years of experience so that as he's then maybe taking foreign policy in a new direction, he's got all the information to make good decisions, and by the way, that all of government is moving at the same time and singing from the same hymnal.

And with respect to China -- and let's just take the example of Taiwan, there has been a longstanding agreement essentially between China and the United States, and to some agree the Taiwanese, which is to not change the status quo. Taiwan operates differently than mainland China does. China views Taiwan as part of China, but recognizes that it has to approach Taiwan as an entity that has its own ways of doing things.

OBAMA: The Taiwanese have agreed that as long as they're able to continue to function with some agree of autonomy, that they won't charge forward and declare independence. And that status quo, although not completely satisfactory to any of the parties involved, has kept the peace and allowed the Taiwanese to be a pretty successful economy and -- of people who have a high agree of self-determination. What I understand for China, the issue of Taiwan is as important as anything on their docket.

The idea of One China is at the heart of their conception as a nation. And so if you are going to upend this understanding, you have to have thought through what the consequences because the Chinese will not treat that the way they'll treat some other issues. They won't even treat it the way they issues around the South China Sea, where we've had a lot of tensions. This goes to the core of how they see themselves.

And their reaction on this issue could end up being very significant. That doesn't mean that you have to adhere to everything that's been done in the past, but you have to think it through and have planned for potential reactions that they may engage in. All right. Isaac Dovere, Politico.

2016-12-18 21:22:17   此文章已经被查看297次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: