夏姬目前处于离线状态
等    级:资深长老
经 验 值:157659
魅 力 值:1703
龙    币:54418
积    分:80240.5
注册日期:2010-12-23

查看夏姬个人资料   给夏姬发悄悄话   将夏姬加入好友   搜索夏姬所有发表过的文章   给夏姬发送电子邮件      

Many centuries ago, Saint Augustine, a saint of my church, wrote: the people was a multitude defined by the common objects of their love. Defined by the common objects of their love. What are the common objects we as Americans love but the fineness of Americans. I think we know. Opportunity, security, liberty, dignity, respect, honour and yes, the truth. Recent weeks and months have taught us a painful lesson. There is truth and there are lies, lies told for power and for profit. It’s our sense of duty and responsibility as citizens, as Americans, especially as leaders, leaders who have pledged to honour our constitution and protect our nation, to defend the truth and defeat the lies. Look, I understand, many of my fellow Americans view the future with fear and trepidation. I understand they worry about their jobs. I understand like my dad they lie in bed at night, staring at ceiling, wondering can I keep my healthcare? can I pay my mortgage? thinking about their families, about what comes next. I promise you, I get it. But the answer is not tenure to retreat (?) in competing affections. Distrusting those who don’t look like you, worship the way you do and don’t get the news from the same sources as you do?  We must end this uncivil war, the peach red against blue, rural versus urban, conservative versus liberal. We can’t do this. If we open our souls, we set heart in your hearts, if we show a little tolerance and immunity and if we are willing to stand in another person’s shoes, as my mon said, just for a moment, stand in the shoes. Because here is a thing about life. There’s no counting for what fate will deal you. Somedays, when we need a hand. The other days, when we’re called to lend a hand. That’s how it has to be. That’s what we do for one another. If we are this way, our country will be stronger, more prosperous, more ready for the future and we can still disagree.

2021-01-25 12:29:14   此文章已经被查看36次   
 相关文章: [回复]  [顶端] 

您必须登录论坛才可以发表文章:

用户名:   密码:   记住密码:    (忘记密码 注册

版权所有 回龙观社区网 经营许可证编号:京B2-20201639 昌公网安备1101140035号

举报电话:010-86468600-5 举报邮箱: